LilleyVision

In which an Oxford graduate negotiates the turgid waters of the British employment market. And rants about it.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

May is great

Why's that, LittleMissLilley? you say. Well, boys and girls, it's because May is bookended by two bank holidays. Oh yes. And since I've just made the unhappy discovery that NYCoS will use ALL my leave for this year, public holidays are now terribly important to me. Much as I will enjoy it, the absence of anything resembling a restful holiday is fairly depressing. Still, the weather's better here than at home anyway, so it'll be like I'm on holiday all the time. Well, that's what I tell myself.

The weekend was charming. High spots included Dancing Like A Loon (tm) on Saturday night, pie from Pie Minister on Brick Lane on Sunday, and a rowing boat on the Serpentine on Monday. My new pastime, however, is flat hunting. Such fun. Oh no, wait, it isn't. Watch this space for tales of woe.

In other news, I've entered a Race for Life, and if you're feeling munificent you can sponsor me here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home