LilleyVision

In which an Oxford graduate negotiates the turgid waters of the British employment market. And rants about it.

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Here we are again

Many exciting things have happened since last we spoke...

Well, the 'excting' isn't strictly true.

And nor is the 'many' either...

But things, now things have definitely happened. Notably my long delayed graduation present was finally purchased, in the form of a shiny new Canon Powershot A95 digital camera, so it won't be long before you have to endure pictures as well as my prose. Also Tuesday was a job interview day. As is next Tuesday, but in Birmingham this time, and thus involving an excruciatingly early start... I don't think last Tuesday's went too badly, so all there is to do is wait and see. And I suspect that it'll be a long time before another interviewer asks how I arrange my warderobe.

I could have been at a party tonight, but it would have been composed almost entirely of doctors, and I realised that being asked twenty-five times 'So, what do you do?' would utterly ruin my evening. And I've learnt the hard way that lying in such circumstances will always come back and bite me on the ass. So here I am at home instead. It's a bit sad, really, but Mr Macintosh and Mr Television aren't making me feel hideously inadequate.

I've lost my sunglasses. So, y'know, if you find them, let me know. Found my new credit card, though. Which was a bonus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home