LilleyVision

In which an Oxford graduate negotiates the turgid waters of the British employment market. And rants about it.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Musings

It's been a long time since I wrote anything, because despite my best efforts I keep not being bothered. Story of my life really... Nothing worth writing about has happened in the real world, so I thought I'd write about what's going on in my head instead. It's been fifteen months now since I graduated, and still not the slightest sniff of work. Lots of interviews, but nothing comes of any of them. A major problem is that I'm now starting to expect negative outcomes, and I'm sure that comes across. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to present an image of being perky and highly employable when I no longer think that I am... And since at the moment I can't even find temporary work (yes ladies and gents, I am that shit) I also have to deal with the horrors of signing on. As covered in a previous post. Poverty looms. No, scratch that, it's here already. At least I can live with my parents, so I'm not actually completely screwed. Still, I have a degree from a top-ten-in-the-world university! Why can't I have a job?

I suspect that may end up being my epitaph.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home